It’s a brand new year so before I say anything else, I wish you all the best for the year to come.
May your year be filled with music. And love. And happiness.
My year started with a nice surprise: John from John’s Thoughts nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Thank you so much, John. I’m honoured.
The rules of this award are simple:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
Display the award on your post.
2. List the award rules so your nominees will know what to do.
3. State 7 random things about yourself.
4. Nominate other bloggers for the award.
5. Contact your nominees to let them know you have nominated them. Provide a link to your post.
6. Proudly display the award logo (or buttons) on your blog, whether on your side bar, ABOUT page, or a special page for awards.
Now for some random facts about myself.
- As a child, I wanted to be a singer or a teacher when I grew up. I became a home educating parent and a writer instead, and I still love to sing.
- I hate the phone and will more often than not ignore the dratted thing when it rings. And yes, our phone actually rings, because…
- I like the look of old-fashioned gadgets like typewriters, gramophones and… well, old-fashioned phones. Antique cars too, of course – although I wouldn’t exactly call a car a gadget. 😀
- I’m a cat person through and through and have had cats ever since I was a child. Sometimes I secretly think I like cats better than humans. OK. Maybe I love my own offspring even more – but not by much!
- Despite my being a warm and gentle person in real life, I’m a cruel writer. You’d better be glad you’re not one of my characters.
- Apart from cats, books are my best friends. All books in my house are sacred. Well, maybe not my partner’s books, but that’s a different story altogether.
- I’m fond of pens, but because I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, I cannot use an ordinary pen without running the risk of dislocating my fingertip, so I write with a special pen, called the PenAgain. Although at first I hated not being able to use my beautiful Parkers anymore, I’ve grown very fond of my PenAgain pens, and take them with me wherever I go.
And now. Drumroll please…
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got an Awards Page to create and some Very Inspiring Bloggers to contact.